Lidia Sheinin is a filmmaker, creative and story consultant/editor. Her very first short film had gone off to an unusual start, winning the Oscar-qualifying first place experimental at the Rhode Island International Film Festival in 2007. Lidia’s been making award winning documentaries, fiction, and branded videos from around the world ever since.
Her work ranges from traditional storytelling such as her cinéma vérité approach in documentary filmmaking to innovative experimental fiction and brand new media, including vertical and VR. No matter what genre, Lidia’s work has been praised for deep authenticity and emotional impact wonderfully wrapped in light hearted playfulness, which renders her work warm and dynamic.
Lidia is also an expert in advertising specializing in strategic digital and integrated campaigns and have been working with clients and advertising agencies for more than 6 years.
In addition to directing and working in advertising, Lidia also does rough-cut feedback, script consultancy and film editing, and is always looking for new projects, stories and scripts waiting to be told.
Please, feel free to contact her with any questions/ideas/inquiries, or if you know how to get a fly inside of a soap bubble without making it pop.
· Rhode Island IFF – 1st Place Experimental
· Short Short Story FF – Imagination Award
· Seattle True Independent FF – Most Original Concept
· Houston Worldfest – Gold Remi Award in Special Effects
· Message to Man IFF – Best Short Documentary
· DOK Leipzig IFF – Honorable Mention
· Krakow IFF – Honorable Mention
· International Festival of Film Schools "Kinoproba" – Grand Prix
· Docudays UA – Honorable Mention
· Hot Docs IFF – Official Selection
· Short Film Festival "Debuts" – Best Documentary
· Laurel National Film Award – Nominee, Short List
· Hamburg Documentary IFF – Best of Fest
· 18th Film Festival, Thailand – Honorable Mention
· Berlinale Talents 2016
· Nespresso Talents Award at Cannes IFF 2016